23.8.26

Tuesday, 18 August

 Our day in Quebec City was quite wonderful, even though not as planned. On the advice of the hotel staff, we drove to the Lévis ferry terminal, left the car there and took the ferry to Quebec City. We were right in the old town, and enjoyed wandering through Place Royal and around old streets. We sat in front of a huge mural that depicts many historic figures as well as modern activities.

It’s amazing. Then we visited a store in what we thought was a familiar restaurant. More about that later. 

After riding the funicular to the upper town, we strolled the Dufferin Terrace, where I have many memories from the times I was here with my parents. We walked back to the lower town and decided it was lunch time.  We sat on the terrace of Le Pub des Borgia,


the place next door to the store we visited earlier. We had a great meal and interesting chat with the server. I went inside to the washroom and OMG!!!!!! This was the place where Larry proposed almost exactly 46 years ago!!! No doubt at all, even though it’s no longer the Louis XIV. The server was there as I danced about taking pictures, so I told him. When I got back to our table and told Larry, the server appeared with free celebratory drinks for us – maple-flavoured whiskey. Nice!! Great way to celebrate the best 46 years of our lives. 

We walked around a bit more, then returned to the ferry terminal. On the ferry we met a lady from Nova Scotia who’s spending a month here editing a book and enjoying frequent ferry rides on the river. She told us about aid fireworks display tonight on the river. 

The Wellspring automatic tracking map is not working right. Tuesday at 6pm L&D were at Ste Anne des Monts and then at midnight they were in Grande Valee all PQ.

Click for Stills from D'Arcy's Facebook Video near Quebec City on Monday   D'Arcy posted this as a video on Facebook/Instagram





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wellspring Cancer Support Ride to PEI

5 Teams of 6 Riders Started their 3200 km Ride at 9am from Wellspring Birmingham Geligan House on 6th Line on 15 August with the target arri...